The Davidson County Clerk Dealer department was established to provide personal and more efficient service for New and Used car dealers, large fleet owners, and Rental Car agencies in Davidson County. This office is located at 700 2nd Ave South, Suite 101, Nashville, TN 37210.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. You may reach this department at 615-862-6252 or by emailing Davidson County Dealer Department.
OUT OF STATE DEALERS
Title applications for vehicles purchased out of state are handled at our Main Office located at 700 2nd Ave South, Suite 101, Nashville, TN 37210. Applications should be sent to the Davidson County Clerk, P.O. Box 196333, Nashville, TN 37219-6333.
The following documents must be submitted to our office to properly title and register a vehicle in Davidson County.
- Properly reassigned title or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MSO).
- Itemized bill of sale (must include purchase price, trade in, and any applicable sales tax that has been collected).
- The odometer disclosure statement if applicable.
- Auto emissions inspection if applicable.
- Previous vehicle registration if customer is transferring a license plate from another vehicle. (Registration must be in the same name as the new vehicle).
- Proof of residency.
The customer will need to come into our office to complete the transaction or you will need to submit a notarized Power of Attorney from the customer allowing the Davidson County Clerk’s Office to process and sign the title and registration application.
If vehicle is leased we will need all documents shown above, a notarized power of attorney from the lease company, Tennessee Sales Tax number, and a completed Vehicle Owner’s Authorization.
If you wish to have a copy of registration sent back to the dealership please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Please contact our mail department 615-862-6251.